Are you working on a novel, short story or screenplay and want to improve your writing? Do you want to participate in a writing workshop from anywhere in the world?
Here’s what Wayne said about our January workshop: “I have been on a ‘natural high’ from the beginning of the first class. No synthetic drug can duplicate this and it’s all you and Steve’s fault. Thank you both!!!”
Do you want input from a writing professional on your pages?
Are you an author or screenwriter who wants to understand more about PLOT, CHARACTERIZATION and VISUAL DETAILS in your writing? Are you struggling with writer’s block?
Our unique approach is useful for writers of all levels–whether you’re a beginner or you have already published or produced your work.
Authors and screenwriters Steven Barnes and Tananarive Due are offering an online writing workshop March 7-28 to help you whip your project into shape.
Until March 1, register at our EARLY-BIRD rate of $300. Regular registration is $350, and time is running out… so–register now.
Here’s what Rorie said about our January workshop: “I found it enlightening, inspirational, and exceedingly useful. I really do hope you have another!”
And Angelique said about our fall workshop: “I want to thank you and Steve for an incredible experience. I have truly learned a lot…..and I went to FILM SCHOOL!”
Here’s what you get:
- One 30-minute personal phone consultation with Steven Barnes or Tananarive Due
- Notes on 10 pages of your story, novel, screenplay and/or treatment/outline. (Choose whether to receive notes at the start of the workshop, during, or at the end of the workshop.)
- Four weekly hour-long video Google Hangouts sessions with instructors Steven Barnes and Tananarive Due
- College-level syllabus with outside viewing and reading
- A guest appearance by an industry professional to answer your questions
- Peer review from other writers in the workshop
Here’s what the workshop requires:
- Registration fee ($300 early bird / $350 regular) SPACE IS LIMITED
- An existing story, screenplay or IDEA you can outline
- RECOMMENDED TEXTBOOK: Story by Robert McKee
- Willingness to participate in peer review with other workshop members
- Internet access for one-hour weekly Google Hangouts lectures / discussion
Who are the instructors?
New York Times bestseller Steven Barnes has written more than twenty-five science fiction, fantasy, and horror novels. His “Stitch in Time” episode of “The Outer Limits” won an Emmy. The NAACP Image Award winner also has written for “The New Twilight Zone,” “StarGate,” Andromeda,” and “Ben 10.” He has been nominated for written for Hugo, Nebula and Cable Ace Awards. In 2013, he and his wife, Tananarive Due, co-wrote and co-produced the short film “Danger Word,” based on their novel,Devil’s Wake. He and Due recently sold a cable TV adaptation–details soon!
Tananarive Due, a member of the Writer’s Guild of America (WGA), has been named to the Grio100 and Ebony Power 100. The Essence bestseller and NAACP Image Award winner has also won an American Book Award for The Living Blood. She recently received a Lifetime Achievement Award in the Fine Arts from the Congressional Black Caucus. She is the former Cosby Chair in the Humanities at Spelman College. In addition to co-producing and co-writing the short film “Danger Word” with Steven Barnes, she currently has several book projects under option. She and Barnes recently sold a cable TV adaptation of one of her ovels–details soon!
WANT TO ENROLL? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW:
You may also email us your questions at Tanacoach@gmail.com.